Hello and welcome to the Bridgeport Exempted Village School District. On behalf of the school board, administration, faculty, staff, and students, I want to thank you for entrusting us with your children. The district has the pleasure of serving over 800 preschool through 12th grade students in Belmont County. During the COVID pandemic, we poured a lot of professional development and employee growth in focusing on positive relationships amongst our faculty and students. Specifically, using those relationships to further student engagement.
Here at the Bridgeport School District we focus on ways to provide our students with the very best. All student’s grades K-2 have access to iPads while all students in grades 3-12 are given a school issued iPad at the beginning of each school year to use throughout the year. While we strive to stay at the forefront of technological advances in education, our focus remains on quality teaching and relationship focused instruction. From the moment you step into our school building, you will sense a loving learning environment that is welcoming to all students. Culturally, we believe in our students and are committed to developing good people who will go out and make a positive difference in the world.
For the 2022-23 school year, I asked the administration team to share their thoughts on “Why Bridgeport”. Below is what I would like to share with you.
- Family – We know how important family is and your children mean the world to us.
- Believe – We believe in your children and change lives for the better.
- Relationship – Simply stated, we are better together.
- Opportunity – One way is through technology tools for our students where learning is meaningful and engaging.
- Tradition – We honor our education at Bridgeport while striving to serve your children and you with the very best.
- Welcoming – We are positive and welcome every student. We believe every child can contribute to our Bulldog Family.
- We Care – Every student that walks through this building is cared for in every way possible.
- Students First – We remain the supporting cast and look for ways to help our students shine in their own unique potential.
I want to wish all students, staff and administration a great year. Also, it would be forgetful of me if I didn’t congratulate our students and staff on the addition of College Credit Plus Coursework on site. This option is open to all Bridgeport students in grades 7-12. This year, we have also offered free athletic passes to all students PK through grade 12. We want all students to feel welcome regardless of whether or not they participate in an extra-curricular activity. Students, this year is yours for the taking. Walk with expectation, encourage one another with belief, support one another to become better, and most of all, enjoy every moment of this year.
Thank you, make it a great year and as always, Go Dogs!